TCU survives sloppy play to knock off Kansas

It wasn't pretty, but the Horned Frogs have their first home Big 12 win.
Despite five turnovers, TCU held on Saturday to beat Kansas 27-17.
Trevone Boykin threw two interceptions, one returned for a touchdown, Brandon Carter muffed a punt and both Waymon James and B.J. Catalon each fumbled on a carry to keep the Jayhawks in the game.
TCU's defense was put to the test time and time again, but only allowed one touchdown. And that score came on a drive that started at the Horned Frog 27-yard line after the muffed punt.
The Horned Frogs got turnovers on an interception by Jason Verrett and a fumble forced and recovered by Chris Hackett.
Junior linebacker Paul Dawson got his first start of his career and played fantastic as he racked up 11 total tackles, including 2.5 for loss.
TCU's offense got going on its second possession as Boykin scored on a 10-yard draw with 6:50 left in the first quarter to make it a 7-3 game. Jaden Oberkrom drilled a 44-yard field goal to give the Frogs a 10-3 lead early in the second quarter.
JaCorey Shepherd jumped in front of a Boykin pass intended for Cam White and returned it 32 yards for a touchdown. Before that snap, Boykin made a motion to White, but the signals appeared to be crossed as White ran a fly route and Boykin threw a pass that was intended for an out route. Shepherd read it perfectly and went untouched into the end zone.
That tied the game going into the half and TCU fans expected the Frogs' typical second-half surge. They got it on the first play of the half when Boykin hit David Porter on a five-yard out route. He broke one tackle and was off to the races. Cam White got a big block down field to seal the score.
TCU scored on its next drive after Hackett stripped Kansas' James Sims of the ball after gaining 30 yards on a screen pass. The Frogs marched 53 yards in seven plays and scored on a two-yard run by B.J. Catalon to make it 27-10 TCU.
It felt like the dam was about to burst when Sam Carter got a sack to set up a punt, but Brandon mishandled it and two plays later the Jayhawks scored on a 27-yard pass from Jake Heaps to tight end Jimmay Mundine for a score.
Following that the two teams traded punts before Catalon's fumble gave the Jayhawks the ball at the TCU 37-yard line. The defense stood tall and forced a 51-yard field goal attempt, which went off the post.
After that, the Frogs were looking for a score to put the game away. Oberkrom came through with a 37-yard field goal with 4:53 left in the game to give the Frogs (3-3, 1-2 in the Big 12) their first conference win of the year.