Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
December 31, 2012The roller coaster football season that was 2012 has come to an end and I think I speak for most Frog fans when I say FINALLY! I always hate when football season ends, but I am pretty sure this one took a few years off of my life. From everything that happened on and off the field, it was a crazy season to say the least. The New Year is upon us so it is time for a fresh start. Here are 13 things to look forward to in 2013.
13. Spring Sale: TCU didn't have a spring sale in 2012 due to all of the construction and things being boxed up. The 2013 spring sale should be a good one.
12. National Signing Day: Signing day is February 6th and it's always fun to discuss the new group of players who will be headed to TCU.
11. Who Will Coach P Pick?: Now that Randy Shannon and Trey Haverty are leaving, Coach Patterson has two holes in his staff that must be filled. Who will he hire? Will he promote from within or bring someone in from the outside?
10. Beefing up: This team is young. Some of the players enrolled early but for most this will be their first offseason as a Horned Frog. It will benefit the young players tremendously to go through the TCU offseason and put on more size, strength, and speed.
9. Deryck Gildon: The Arlington Martin product wasn't on the team this season due to academics but reports indicate Gildon is set to return to the Frogs in 2013. He will be a big help to a LB group that struggles at times in 2012.
8. Spring Practice/Spring Game: Although most of the practices are closed to the public and the spring game isn't a true spring game, spring time is always a great time of the year. We start getting reports on how the team is looking and get our first glimpse at the team that will be on the field in the fall.
7. The Emergence of LaDarius Brown: Brown had a solid season hauling in 27 receptions for 385 yards and 5 touchdowns but I will still argue TCU did not use him properly. Maybe it was due to the situation at quarterback, but I fully expect 2013 to be a breakout season for Brown. He has the size and talent to be a star wide receiver but you have to utilize his skills correctly.
6. Welcome Aaron Green: The transfer from Nebraska sat out this season but he is a welcomed addition to the offense in 2012. I was told Green ran a lot of scout team offense in practice this year and looked very good.
5. Welcome Back Waymon James: When Waymon James went down against Kansas it was devastating. Although the competition hadn't been great up to that point, James was still averaging nearly ten yards a carry. James, Green, and Catalon could be a dynamic trio in the backfield for the Frogs in 2013.
4. Texas at The Carter: The Longhorns will have to make the trip north this season and face the Frogs in Ft. Worth. It should be a great atmosphere and it could get close to the biggest crowd in Amon Carter Stadium history.
3. LSU at Cowboys Stadium: The first game of the 2013 campaign is on August 31st and it could tell us a lot about this team. If TCU can knockoff LSU in the opener, it could springboard this team on their way to a special season.
2. Casey Pachall: How will Casey Pachall look when he returns to the practice field? Will there be signs of rust? Will his teammates trust him?
1. Quarterback Battle: I am very anxious to see how the quarterback competition plays out in spring practice. Can Pachall win the starting job back? How much will Boykin improve his accuracy? Can Matthews make a push for the starting position?
2013 should be an interesting one for TCU. The Frogs have a lot of work to do to get ready for the 2013 season. Keep checking PurpleMenace.com all offseason for the latest on recruiting and everything else. Tell your friends about us. Happy New Year!